This isn’t much of an entry in my blog. It’s just a list of resources to accompany a professional development blog my wife Christina Lomax and I are delivering at Albert Campbell Collegiate Institute today. So here goes.
- We have used Prezi for two different parts of our workshop, both the initial rationale for writing news reports across the curriculum, and later the presentation of six text features of a news article.
- For our “mixed-up news” activity we used ActivInspire from Promethean. To get this, you need to register at their site, and then use the personal edition. You can pay for the full version, but we don’t.
- For our “match-up” game we used David Riley’s Triptico software. Riley is an educator who provides for free a set of really cool resources for interactive whiteboards. He’s imaginative, clever and obviously highly skilled. And he gives it away. We’re big fans.
- To host all the files that we created for this workshop, we used Minus.com. Those files are located here and here.
- To work our cheap-o interactive whiteboard, we used Smoothboard, and bought some simple hardware from Wiiteachers.
- If you would like to contact either of us about what we did today, we are Christina Lomax and David Lomax.